As Startup Week Fort Collins nears its epic end, let’s make a plan to keep the momentum into next week and beyond. Whether you got your first taste of coworking, got your mind blown by a musician or felt a much needed boost in motivation as a freelancer, it’s important to not let this enthusiasm dwindle.
Step 1: Outreach
Reach out to everyone in that pile of business cards you collected. Mention something that they said that really resonated with you. Invite them out for a coffee or beer just to talk and get to know one another better. Ask to take a tour of their company. Mine through the Sched again and pull out company names or people you really enjoyed meeting. Follow them on twitter, like their Facebook pages and read their websites.
Step 2: Digest Your Notes
Did you take as many notes in your awesome FCSW17 notebook as I did? Now is the time to go back through all your notes. Check out the books, blogs or resources that you wrote down. Pull out action items and put them on your list to tackle next week. This post you’re reading right now was actually a footnote in my notebook. Look at me! Taking action!
Step 3: Participate OR Amplify
My key takeaway this week is a new awareness of how many people are doing AMAZING things in our community. Now is the time to participate in those activities by attending meetings or helping to push us forward as a group. If you can’t possibly take on another task, then please be an amplifier. Tell your friends and coworkers about the great progress that is being made. Awareness is the first step to Amazeness! Here are some things I learned about this week:
- FCICI: Fort Collins Innovation Community Initiative: a community driven organization that seeks to support, grow and enhance the entrepreneur and innovation communities in Fort Collins and Northern Colorado.
- Poudre Library of Things: from bunny cake pans to FitBits, you can check out THINGS for FREE at the LIBRARY.
- Small Business Development Center: local classes from $20 each on everything you need to know to start a business.
- New Educational Coalition: bringing together public and private educators to collaborate on sharing resources: Coming SOON.
- Fort Collins Startup Week: Add March 26-February 2 to your 2018 calendar now!
- Lauch NOCO 1 Million Cups: What you’ll see in this meetup is places to connect, places to get feedback, and places to grow your skills and ideas.
- Fo(co)works Coworking Alliance: THE clearinghouse for coworking, shared and collaborative workspaces in Fort Collins.
- Loveland Startup Week: Can’t get enough of Startup Week? Head down the road to Loveland’s April 6-8.
What are you going to take action on next week? Tell us in the comments below.